- Drones, and Pigs, and Feds Oh My! WeCopwatch Season 1Posted 6 hours ago
- The Ghost Of Chris Dorner? 4 Cops in LA Shot in 1 DayPosted 1 day ago
- Interview with Larken Rose: Author of When You Should Shoot a CopPosted 2 days ago
- NLG Victory for Oscar Grant ProtestersPosted 4 days ago
- Oakland Police Commands InaudiblePosted 18 days ago
- Oakland Police Shine Light into WeCopwatch CameraPosted 19 days ago
- “Pigs are Haram!” Undercover Police Confronted on May DayPosted 24 days ago
- Mayor Quan Drags Off Aggressive HusbandPosted 52 days ago
- Snatch Squads 2012! 1 Year after Oakland Police attack May Day DemonstrationPosted 57 days ago
- WeCopwatch on KPFA Speaking on Recent FBI RaidsPosted 59 days ago
- The Feds Are In Town (Multiple Raids Occur in Oakland)Posted 63 days ago
- Officer Frankel Claims That NOBODY Killed Kayla MoorePosted 70 days ago
- Oakland Officer Involved Shooting Is Kept Off The RadioPosted 82 days ago
- Oakland Police Shoot Innocent Teen in the FacePosted 83 days ago
- Breaking Down (Police Hurt Mental Health)Posted 87 days ago
- Oakland Police Didn’t Shoot Someone?Posted 102 days ago
- Meet Your Neighborhood DronesPosted 102 days ago
- Answers! Not Undercovers!Posted 102 days ago
Central Falls, RI Police Threaten Arrest Over Unpleasant Remarks
- Updated: June 8, 2013
Submitted by Mike Vincent to CopBlock.org
I was just pulled over in my fathers driveway by Central Falls, Rhode Island Police tonight as soon as I got out of work. When the cruiser pulled into the backyard, I was already out of my truck and was walking in the back door. The officer then demanded I get back into my locked truck. A female officer also came over to the truck to give me unnecessary attitude because I left the drivers door open.
I immediately called my father to come outside (to serve as a witness) because I had no idea what they might try, and I also started filming with my cellphone. My elderly father approached the cruiser to ask what was going on, and the officer yelled at my father to back away from the car and stand in the corner (of his own property).
After giving me an $85 dollar ticket for an expired inspection sticker, I asked why I wasn’t receiving a 5-day tag, as I’ve seen happen many times in the past. He replied, “It is my discretion whether to ticket you or tag you. After he was back in his cruiser and my father and I were walking back in, I waved goodbye and said “Gotta make that quota right?”
The officer immediately got out of his car and was in my face attempting to intimidate me. He said condescendingly, “what did you just say?” I again replied, “Gotta make that quota right?” After this little intimidation session and yelling about how you can’t drive without a good sticker, he headed back to his cruiser. I again attempted to speak to him and said, “You know officer…” but before I got out anything more, he turned around and yelled, “If you say one more thing your going to jail!” I asked what I would be going to jail for. He commanded me to go into the house, and insisted there was no such thing as a quota. Since I didn’t want to escalate things with my elderly father now involved, I said OK to the officer and we both walked into his house.
I am not one of those people just mad at the cops because I got a ticket, but I’m very upset with how the situation was handled. I’m a college grad and an electronics engineer. I go to work every single day. I’m clean-cut and dress professionally.
Is this officer really warranted by the state of RI to threaten arrest for no legal crime what so ever? Do the people of Rhode Island want their tax dollars going towards this type of Policing? I know I don’t.