- The Devil’s in FergusonPosted 1 month ago
- Alameda Sheriff’s Murder Again?Posted 2 months ago
- Roche Reinstatement: OPD Impunity ContinuesPosted 2 months ago
- Hands of The Trayvon 2 (Trial Begins Tomorrow)Posted 2 months ago
- STUDENTS FILE LAWSUIT IN CCSF SFPD POLICE BEATINGPosted 4 months ago
- Victory In Scott Olsen CasePosted 6 months ago
- More Copwatchers! Less Cops w Cameras!Posted 6 months ago
- Ghosts of March 21 (Documentary Premier)Posted 7 months ago
- Community Ronda Keeps Narco Concert out of CheranPosted 9 months ago
- Police Accountability Tour VideosPosted 9 months ago
- Did the cops Kill someone?Posted 9 months ago
- Costs of OPD’s Occupy Fiasco MountPosted 10 months ago
- Did the Feds Just Raid The YMCA?Posted 11 months ago
- 3 Years Ago Today in Oakland CA. . .Posted 11 months ago
- Crossing the Line: The Oakland Police Department Versus the CrowdPosted 1 year ago
- When Police RiotPosted 1 year ago
- Did Oakland Police Plant a Gun on Somebody They Shot?Posted 1 year ago
- The Streets is WatchinPosted 1 year ago
- Why Did Oakland Police Kill a Man in Distress?Posted 1 year ago
- Videos of OPD Violence Reveal Serious Problems that Led to $1 Million Occupy Oakland SettlementPosted 1 year ago
- Drones, and Pigs, and Feds Oh My! WeCopwatch Season 1Posted 1 year ago
- Enemy Of The StatePosted 1 year ago
- NLG Victory for Oscar Grant ProtestersPosted 1 year ago
- Oakland Police Commands InaudiblePosted 1 year ago
- Oakland Police Shine Light into WeCopwatch CameraPosted 1 year ago
- “Pigs are Haram!” Undercover Police Confronted on May DayPosted 1 year ago
- Mayor Quan Drags Off Aggressive HusbandPosted 1 year ago
- Snatch Squads 2012! 1 Year after Oakland Police attack May Day DemonstrationPosted 1 year ago
- WeCopwatch on KPFA Speaking on Recent FBI RaidsPosted 1 year ago
- The Feds Are In Town (Multiple Raids Occur in Oakland)Posted 1 year ago
Did the Feds Just Raid The YMCA?
- Updated: November 6, 2013
Yes the feds did raid the YMCA. On the morning of November 5th,2013, FBI agents and US Marshals conducted a raid in West Oakland, California.
According to agents, the person they were attempting to apprehend allegedly escaped out of a window during the raid. Accompanied by OPD, the agents set a perimeter that eventually partially locked down the neighborhood for a brief amount of time.
There are two points in this video where space was negotiated between agents and the videographer. It is important to note that the first incident took place was a result of one agent allowing the videographer to walk down a street only to be received eventually by a more hostile one closer to the next intersection.
The second incident in this video took place in an area that was not shut down to the public, the sidewalk was open and there were two other people within close proximity of the agents. It was the appearance of a video camera that prompted the hostility.
As the perimeter tightened, it was believed amongst agents on the scene that the individual in question was on top of the YMCA located on the corner of Market and Brockhurst. Eventually they worked out a top and bottom approach to the YMCA issue by bringing in a fire truck to help some get on top of the building why others below broke into the center using a tactical crowbar. The roof was clear and the building empty.
As the operation was coming to an end, a person was taken into police custody, arrested further down the block. A board was put over Youth Center door. It’s clear the feds did damage to it, and they were seen taking their battering ram into the building after the initial entry.
Question. So do the feds foot the bill when they come to Oakland and do property damage?