- Victory In Scott Olsen CasePosted 27 days ago
- More Copwatchers! Less Cops w Cameras!Posted 36 days ago
- Ghosts of March 21 (Documentary Premier)Posted 37 days ago
- Community Ronda Keeps Narco Concert out of CheranPosted 116 days ago
- Police Accountability Tour VideosPosted 123 days ago
- Did the cops Kill someone?Posted 125 days ago
- Costs of OPD’s Occupy Fiasco MountPosted 127 days ago
- #CheckPointFail on Veterans DayPosted 156 days ago
- Did the Feds Just Raid The YMCA?Posted 163 days ago
- 3 Years Ago Today in Oakland CA. . .Posted 163 days ago
- 1SMX: Strike in Mexico CityPosted 226 days ago
- Crossing the Line: The Oakland Police Department Versus the CrowdPosted 253 days ago
- When Police RiotPosted 265 days ago
- Did Oakland Police Plant a Gun on Somebody They Shot?Posted 270 days ago
- The Streets is WatchinPosted 278 days ago
- Why Did Oakland Police Kill a Man in Distress?Posted 283 days ago
- Lets Take This Show On The Road!Posted 284 days ago
- Videos of OPD Violence Reveal Serious Problems that Led to $1 Million Occupy Oakland SettlementPosted 288 days ago
- HPD Preparing to Attack HFT?Posted 293 days ago
- Drones, and Pigs, and Feds Oh My! WeCopwatch Season 1Posted 294 days ago
- The Ghost Of Chris Dorner? 4 Cops in LA Shot in 1 DayPosted 295 days ago
- Enemy Of The StatePosted 296 days ago
- NLG Victory for Oscar Grant ProtestersPosted 298 days ago
- Oakland Police Commands InaudiblePosted 312 days ago
- Oakland Police Shine Light into WeCopwatch CameraPosted 313 days ago
- “Pigs are Haram!” Undercover Police Confronted on May DayPosted 318 days ago
- Mayor Quan Drags Off Aggressive HusbandPosted 346 days ago
- Snatch Squads 2012! 1 Year after Oakland Police attack May Day DemonstrationPosted 351 days ago
- WeCopwatch on KPFA Speaking on Recent FBI RaidsPosted 353 days ago
- The Feds Are In Town (Multiple Raids Occur in Oakland)Posted 357 days ago
Did the Feds Just Raid The YMCA?
- Updated: November 6, 2013
Yes the feds did raid the YMCA. On the morning of November 5th,2013, FBI agents and US Marshals conducted a raid in West Oakland, California.
According to agents, the person they were attempting to apprehend allegedly escaped out of a window during the raid. Accompanied by OPD, the agents set a perimeter that eventually partially locked down the neighborhood for a brief amount of time.
There are two points in this video where space was negotiated between agents and the videographer. It is important to note that the first incident took place was a result of one agent allowing the videographer to walk down a street only to be received eventually by a more hostile one closer to the next intersection.
The second incident in this video took place in an area that was not shut down to the public, the sidewalk was open and there were two other people within close proximity of the agents. It was the appearance of a video camera that prompted the hostility.
As the perimeter tightened, it was believed amongst agents on the scene that the individual in question was on top of the YMCA located on the corner of Market and Brockhurst. Eventually they worked out a top and bottom approach to the YMCA issue by bringing in a fire truck to help some get on top of the building why others below broke into the center using a tactical crowbar. The roof was clear and the building empty.
As the operation was coming to an end, a person was taken into police custody, arrested further down the block. A board was put over Youth Center door. It’s clear the feds did damage to it, and they were seen taking their battering ram into the building after the initial entry.
Question. So do the feds foot the bill when they come to Oakland and do property damage?