Inspired by Berkeley Copwatch’s UC Berkeley class and motivated by daily requests for support and training, WeCopwatch has created a standardized training curriculum called Copwatch College that is based on years of hands-on experience, covering five modules that are typically taught over the span of 3-4 days.
1. Slave Patrols and Strike Breakers: The History of the Policing in the US.
2. Your Rights: When Stopped or Questioned by Law Enforcement
4. CopWatching: Rights, Tactics, and Strategies when Observing the Police.
5. First Responders: Responding to Police Shootings and other Critical Incidents involving the Police.
6. Investigations: Conducting Independent Investigations for Criminal or Civil Cases, and or for Public Consumption.
We take our trainings out of the classroom, And we bring them into the streets. We believe the best way to teach is to provide a balance of information, and real life examples, so you can determine what works best for you.
We are currently in the process of creating a Copwatch College online learning system to migrate our curriculum onto. Our goal is to create learning material that is free, online, and accessible to anyone with a computer, tablet, or smart phone and can be utilized by individuals or groups interested in understanding more about their rights, and best practices when observing the police. This learning system will have the capability of being used offline, and will have downloadable informational material that can be printed and distributed in the streets or used during trainings.
If you would like your community or organization to receive a Copwatch training you can reach out to WeCopwatch@protonmail.com. We’ll make something happen.
We have no formal funding so your support counts.
Support our Patreon.