- Community Ronda Keeps Narco Concert out of CheranPosted 75 days ago
- Police Accountability Tour VideosPosted 82 days ago
- Did the cops Kill someone?Posted 85 days ago
- Costs of OPD’s Occupy Fiasco MountPosted 87 days ago
- #CheckPointFail on Veterans DayPosted 116 days ago
- Did the Feds Just Raid The YMCA?Posted 122 days ago
- 3 Years Ago Today in Oakland CA. . .Posted 123 days ago
- 1SMX: Strike in Mexico CityPosted 186 days ago
- Crossing the Line: The Oakland Police Department Versus the CrowdPosted 213 days ago
- When Police RiotPosted 224 days ago
- Did Oakland Police Plant a Gun on Somebody They Shot?Posted 230 days ago
- The Streets is WatchinPosted 237 days ago
- Why Did Oakland Police Kill a Man in Distress?Posted 242 days ago
- Lets Take This Show On The Road!Posted 243 days ago
- Videos of OPD Violence Reveal Serious Problems that Led to $1 Million Occupy Oakland SettlementPosted 248 days ago
- HPD Preparing to Attack HFT?Posted 253 days ago
- Drones, and Pigs, and Feds Oh My! WeCopwatch Season 1Posted 254 days ago
- The Ghost Of Chris Dorner? 4 Cops in LA Shot in 1 DayPosted 255 days ago
- Enemy Of The StatePosted 256 days ago
- NLG Victory for Oscar Grant ProtestersPosted 257 days ago
- Oakland Police Commands InaudiblePosted 271 days ago
- Oakland Police Shine Light into WeCopwatch CameraPosted 273 days ago
- “Pigs are Haram!” Undercover Police Confronted on May DayPosted 278 days ago
- Mayor Quan Drags Off Aggressive HusbandPosted 306 days ago
- Snatch Squads 2012! 1 Year after Oakland Police attack May Day DemonstrationPosted 311 days ago
- WeCopwatch on KPFA Speaking on Recent FBI RaidsPosted 313 days ago
- The Feds Are In Town (Multiple Raids Occur in Oakland)Posted 317 days ago
- Officer Frankel Claims That NOBODY Killed Kayla MoorePosted 323 days ago
- Oakland Officer Involved Shooting Is Kept Off The RadioPosted 336 days ago
- Oakland Police Shoot Innocent Teen in the FacePosted 336 days ago
3 Years Ago Today in Oakland CA. . .
- Updated: November 5, 2013
On November 5th , 2010, Oakland Police swarmed a group of Oscar Grant demonstrators as they marched towards the Fruitvale Bart Station in East Oakland.
For those who don’t know, Oscar Grant was a young man who was killed on video, Jan 1 2009 by Bart Police in front of scores of people.
This killing would bring people together all over the bay, state, country, and world around police murder in violence.
This group in particular was heading towards Fruitvale Bart station when they were illegally surrounded and arrested for “remaining at the scene of a riot”
The National Lawyers guild sued the city of Oakland and just this summer settled for over a million dollars, citing OPD inability to follow it’s own crowd control policies.
Take a peak at this video produced about police actions that day. .
For more info about Oscar Grant go to http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2009/07/12/18607212.php