- Victory In Scott Olsen CasePosted 27 days ago
- More Copwatchers! Less Cops w Cameras!Posted 36 days ago
- Ghosts of March 21 (Documentary Premier)Posted 37 days ago
- Community Ronda Keeps Narco Concert out of CheranPosted 116 days ago
- Police Accountability Tour VideosPosted 123 days ago
- Did the cops Kill someone?Posted 126 days ago
- Costs of OPD’s Occupy Fiasco MountPosted 128 days ago
- #CheckPointFail on Veterans DayPosted 156 days ago
- Did the Feds Just Raid The YMCA?Posted 163 days ago
- 3 Years Ago Today in Oakland CA. . .Posted 163 days ago
- 1SMX: Strike in Mexico CityPosted 226 days ago
- Crossing the Line: The Oakland Police Department Versus the CrowdPosted 253 days ago
- When Police RiotPosted 265 days ago
- Did Oakland Police Plant a Gun on Somebody They Shot?Posted 270 days ago
- The Streets is WatchinPosted 278 days ago
- Why Did Oakland Police Kill a Man in Distress?Posted 283 days ago
- Lets Take This Show On The Road!Posted 284 days ago
- Videos of OPD Violence Reveal Serious Problems that Led to $1 Million Occupy Oakland SettlementPosted 289 days ago
- HPD Preparing to Attack HFT?Posted 293 days ago
- Drones, and Pigs, and Feds Oh My! WeCopwatch Season 1Posted 295 days ago
- The Ghost Of Chris Dorner? 4 Cops in LA Shot in 1 DayPosted 295 days ago
- Enemy Of The StatePosted 296 days ago
- NLG Victory for Oscar Grant ProtestersPosted 298 days ago
- Oakland Police Commands InaudiblePosted 312 days ago
- Oakland Police Shine Light into WeCopwatch CameraPosted 313 days ago
- “Pigs are Haram!” Undercover Police Confronted on May DayPosted 319 days ago
- Mayor Quan Drags Off Aggressive HusbandPosted 347 days ago
- Snatch Squads 2012! 1 Year after Oakland Police attack May Day DemonstrationPosted 351 days ago
- WeCopwatch on KPFA Speaking on Recent FBI RaidsPosted 353 days ago
- The Feds Are In Town (Multiple Raids Occur in Oakland)Posted 358 days ago
3 Years Ago Today in Oakland CA. . .
- Updated: November 5, 2013
On November 5th , 2010, Oakland Police swarmed a group of Oscar Grant demonstrators as they marched towards the Fruitvale Bart Station in East Oakland.
For those who don’t know, Oscar Grant was a young man who was killed on video, Jan 1 2009 by Bart Police in front of scores of people.
This killing would bring people together all over the bay, state, country, and world around police murder in violence.
This group in particular was heading towards Fruitvale Bart station when they were illegally surrounded and arrested for “remaining at the scene of a riot”
The National Lawyers guild sued the city of Oakland and just this summer settled for over a million dollars, citing OPD inability to follow it’s own crowd control policies.
Take a peak at this video produced about police actions that day. .
For more info about Oscar Grant go to http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2009/07/12/18607212.php