- Victory In Scott Olsen CasePosted 34 days ago
- More Copwatchers! Less Cops w Cameras!Posted 42 days ago
- Ghosts of March 21 (Documentary Premier)Posted 44 days ago
- Community Ronda Keeps Narco Concert out of CheranPosted 123 days ago
- Police Accountability Tour VideosPosted 130 days ago
- Did the cops Kill someone?Posted 132 days ago
- Costs of OPD’s Occupy Fiasco MountPosted 134 days ago
- #CheckPointFail on Veterans DayPosted 163 days ago
- Did the Feds Just Raid The YMCA?Posted 169 days ago
- 3 Years Ago Today in Oakland CA. . .Posted 170 days ago
- 1SMX: Strike in Mexico CityPosted 233 days ago
- Crossing the Line: The Oakland Police Department Versus the CrowdPosted 260 days ago
- When Police RiotPosted 272 days ago
- Did Oakland Police Plant a Gun on Somebody They Shot?Posted 277 days ago
- The Streets is WatchinPosted 285 days ago
- Why Did Oakland Police Kill a Man in Distress?Posted 289 days ago
- Lets Take This Show On The Road!Posted 291 days ago
- Videos of OPD Violence Reveal Serious Problems that Led to $1 Million Occupy Oakland SettlementPosted 295 days ago
- HPD Preparing to Attack HFT?Posted 300 days ago
- Drones, and Pigs, and Feds Oh My! WeCopwatch Season 1Posted 301 days ago
- The Ghost Of Chris Dorner? 4 Cops in LA Shot in 1 DayPosted 302 days ago
- Enemy Of The StatePosted 303 days ago
- NLG Victory for Oscar Grant ProtestersPosted 305 days ago
- Oakland Police Commands InaudiblePosted 319 days ago
- Oakland Police Shine Light into WeCopwatch CameraPosted 320 days ago
- “Pigs are Haram!” Undercover Police Confronted on May DayPosted 325 days ago
- Mayor Quan Drags Off Aggressive HusbandPosted 353 days ago
- Snatch Squads 2012! 1 Year after Oakland Police attack May Day DemonstrationPosted 358 days ago
- WeCopwatch on KPFA Speaking on Recent FBI RaidsPosted 360 days ago
- The Feds Are In Town (Multiple Raids Occur in Oakland)Posted 364 days ago
3 Years Ago Today in Oakland CA. . .
- Updated: November 5, 2013
On November 5th , 2010, Oakland Police swarmed a group of Oscar Grant demonstrators as they marched towards the Fruitvale Bart Station in East Oakland.
For those who don’t know, Oscar Grant was a young man who was killed on video, Jan 1 2009 by Bart Police in front of scores of people.
This killing would bring people together all over the bay, state, country, and world around police murder in violence.
This group in particular was heading towards Fruitvale Bart station when they were illegally surrounded and arrested for “remaining at the scene of a riot”
The National Lawyers guild sued the city of Oakland and just this summer settled for over a million dollars, citing OPD inability to follow it’s own crowd control policies.
Take a peak at this video produced about police actions that day. .
For more info about Oscar Grant go to http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2009/07/12/18607212.php