- The Devil’s in FergusonPosted 1 month ago
- Alameda Sheriff’s Murder Again?Posted 2 months ago
- Roche Reinstatement: OPD Impunity ContinuesPosted 2 months ago
- Hands of The Trayvon 2 (Trial Begins Tomorrow)Posted 2 months ago
- STUDENTS FILE LAWSUIT IN CCSF SFPD POLICE BEATINGPosted 4 months ago
- Victory In Scott Olsen CasePosted 6 months ago
- More Copwatchers! Less Cops w Cameras!Posted 6 months ago
- Ghosts of March 21 (Documentary Premier)Posted 6 months ago
- Community Ronda Keeps Narco Concert out of CheranPosted 9 months ago
- Police Accountability Tour VideosPosted 9 months ago
- Did the cops Kill someone?Posted 9 months ago
- Costs of OPD’s Occupy Fiasco MountPosted 9 months ago
- Did the Feds Just Raid The YMCA?Posted 11 months ago
- 3 Years Ago Today in Oakland CA. . .Posted 11 months ago
- Crossing the Line: The Oakland Police Department Versus the CrowdPosted 1 year ago
- When Police RiotPosted 1 year ago
- Did Oakland Police Plant a Gun on Somebody They Shot?Posted 1 year ago
- The Streets is WatchinPosted 1 year ago
- Why Did Oakland Police Kill a Man in Distress?Posted 1 year ago
- Videos of OPD Violence Reveal Serious Problems that Led to $1 Million Occupy Oakland SettlementPosted 1 year ago
- Drones, and Pigs, and Feds Oh My! WeCopwatch Season 1Posted 1 year ago
- Enemy Of The StatePosted 1 year ago
- NLG Victory for Oscar Grant ProtestersPosted 1 year ago
- Oakland Police Commands InaudiblePosted 1 year ago
- Oakland Police Shine Light into WeCopwatch CameraPosted 1 year ago
- “Pigs are Haram!” Undercover Police Confronted on May DayPosted 1 year ago
- Mayor Quan Drags Off Aggressive HusbandPosted 1 year ago
- Snatch Squads 2012! 1 Year after Oakland Police attack May Day DemonstrationPosted 1 year ago
- WeCopwatch on KPFA Speaking on Recent FBI RaidsPosted 1 year ago
- The Feds Are In Town (Multiple Raids Occur in Oakland)Posted 1 year ago
3 Years Ago Today in Oakland CA. . .
- Updated: November 5, 2013
On November 5th , 2010, Oakland Police swarmed a group of Oscar Grant demonstrators as they marched towards the Fruitvale Bart Station in East Oakland.
For those who don’t know, Oscar Grant was a young man who was killed on video, Jan 1 2009 by Bart Police in front of scores of people.
This killing would bring people together all over the bay, state, country, and world around police murder in violence.
This group in particular was heading towards Fruitvale Bart station when they were illegally surrounded and arrested for “remaining at the scene of a riot”
The National Lawyers guild sued the city of Oakland and just this summer settled for over a million dollars, citing OPD inability to follow it’s own crowd control policies.
Take a peak at this video produced about police actions that day. .
For more info about Oscar Grant go to http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2009/07/12/18607212.php